2. Volume: what is the ED volume per year, per day, and patients per hour?
3. Shifts: what is the shift length? How many shifts qualify for full time? Is there a guaranteed minimum number of shifts?
4. Coverage: what is the physician, mid-level provider coverage. Is there a fast-track?
5. Charting: is charting done by template, dictated, voice, or computer?
6. Mental Health: how is mental health paperwork and transfer arrangements made? How long does this process take?
7. Acuity: what is the % acuity, % trauma, % admitted? What patients are transferred out to other hospitals.
8. Hearts: Cath lab vs. TPA? What is the time to cath lab?
9. Coding and Billing: How is coding and billing handled? Who decides the level of charge or any upgrades or downgrades?
10. Teaching Responsibility: is there any teaching responsibility?
11. Overcrowding: How is overcrowding handled (hall, chairs, stable admit)? How often is the overcrowding protocol used?
12. Meetings: what meeting are there, and who is expected to attend?
13. Radiology: what is the radiology coverage at night (24 hr, telerad)?
14. Ultrasound: what is the ultrasound coverage at night (tech on call)?
15. Labs: what is the lab turn-around time? What POC labs are available in the ED? Does the ED employ a lab tech? Do RN's or RT's draw ABG's?
16. Admit orders: who writes admit orders? (ED physician, on-call, phone orders)?
17. Thru-put: what are the average wait time, time to labs, time to rads, and time to admit?
18. Press Gainey Scores
19. Diversion: when and how often does the ED go on diversion? Who decides (ED or Admin)?
20. Financial Package: Productivity, RVUs, hourly, tiered, Base+bonus, night shift differential, or incentivized.
21. Remuneration: Base salary, benefits, malpractice, CME, bonus, paid vacation.
22. Turnover: How long do doctors stay in the group? Is the contract vulnerable. What is the number of physicians who have left in the last 5 years and why? Why is your group hiring?
24. Vesting: What % of the partnership is yours. Is there delayed vesting?
25. Profit Sharing: Is profit sharing done quarterly, yearly, is it based on productivity or hours worked, acuity, or patient satisfaction?
26. Partnership: Is there a partnership track, a buy-in?How is partnership decided (unanimously)?
27. Complaints: How are patient complaints handled? Who does Q&A.
28. Leaving: what happens when I leave? Is there tail coverage? What happens if I die?