Several factors having me leaning toward the conclusion that the Second Coming may be closer than many may realize:
1. Daniel's 70 Weeks (years) is said to have begun with the creation of the Jewish State of Israel in 1947-48. Actually, Daniel says the 70 Weeks starts with the command. Therefore, some think Daniel's 70 weeks begins in 1947 with the UN Charter. Others think it begins in 1948 with the creation of Israel. And others believe the time line begins with "Law of Return" in 1950 that called all Jews from all over the planet to gather in Israel. [1950 + 70 = 2020]
Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish thetransgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
2. We are told that this generation (the generation alive when Israel becomes a nation) would not pass away until all is fulfilled. The generation spoken of is the Baby Boomer generation. Christ said that when we see the Fig Tree put for leaves, we can know that summer is close. Israel is the "Fig Tree Nation." Therefore, Christ tells us that when we see the nation of Israel re-established, we know the Second Coming is very close. [Israel = Fig Tree]
Matt 24:32-34 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
3. Also the realization that 1 day = 1000 years, and Adam lived about 4000 BC, so that we now in or very close to the 7th Millennium of Rest (2 Pet 3:8). Thanks to Joseph Smith, we know that each of the 7 Seals = 7 x 1000 years (D&C 77:7). And after the opening of the 7th Seal, there is silence in the heavens for 1/2 hour, then the trumpet announcing the coming of the Lord sounds (Rev 8:1). Not to be confused with the 7 trumpets that sound on earth. [1/2 hour = 20.8 years]
4. Finally, in addition to the 7 1000-day periods of time, the Bible also teaches us about Jubilees. A Jubilee occurs every 50 years. The Jubilee year is where all debts are to be forgiven, and slaves are prisoners are freed, and all people return to the lands of their inheritance. When the Jews observed the Jubilee, great blessings were experienced. But usually, the Jews did not observe the Jubilee and they were cursed. The Bible hints that there would be 120 Jubilees given to man until the coming of Christ. From Adam to the Exodus was exactly 50 Jubilees. Thus the Exodus occurred at a Jubilee of Jubilees.
Gen 6:3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. [120 Jubilees]
Adam ---Abraham---Jesus---Second Coming
40 Jubilees + 40 Jubilees + 40 Jubilees = 120 Jubilees
Adam -----Moses-------Second Coming
50 Jubilees + 70 Jubilees = 120 Jubilees
5. The Key to knowing where you are on Gods calendar is to identify just 1 Jubilee year. If you can positively identify just 1 Jubilee year, then you can know them all. Many try to confuse saying a Jubilee year was only 49 years. But I am convinced that it is exactly 50 years, and the reason why Israel never observed them routinely is because they didn't have the faith to let their land sit without being planted for 2 consecutive years. (Sabbatical Year (49)+ Jubilee Year 50)). You don't need to figure out the Jewish calender to figure this out. All you have to do is figure out Gods calender. Jewish calender /= God's calender because they never kept the Jubilee.
Lev 25: 10-11, 20-22 And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.A jubile shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it . . . And if ye shall say, What shall we eat the seventh year? behold, we shall not sow, nor gather in our increase: Then I will command my blessing upon you in the sixth year, and it shall bring forth fruit for three years.
1820 First Vision, End of the Spanish Inquisition "Restitution of all things" [Restitution = Jubilee]
1870 EDICT OF POPE NICHOLAS III, ending of the Roman Ghettos.
1920 Prohibition, League of Nations begins, Protocols of Zion published, Balfour Declaration and the British Mandate for Palestine confirmed by League of Nations.
1970 End of War of Attrition following 6-days war, massive migration of Russian Jews to Israel
2020 The Lord's Jubilee? "Time of Restitution of All things"
6. However, just like 3 Nephi 1, I think our enemies will try to jump the gun and tell us th at the time has actually come and gone when these prophecies are to be fulfilled. So, I have been seeing that they are putting out counterfeit Jubilee dates and they are predicting Christ's return in 2017 which is 3 years earlier than 2020. Will foresight, like hindsight, be 2020?
Isaiah 52:8, Mosiah 12:22, Mosiah 15:29, 3 Nephi 16:18,
Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing, for they shall see eye to eye when the Lord shall bring again Zion. [seeing eye to eye = 20/20 vision]