[The Washington Examiner, quoting retired Four-Star Admiral James Lyons, writes: "the attack on the American Consulate in Benghazi... was the result of a bungled abduction attempt.... the first stage of an international prisoner exchange... that would have ensured the release of Omar Abdel Rahman, the 'Blind Sheik'..."
But something went horribly wrong with Obama's "October Surprise." Although the Obama Administration intentionally gutted security at the consulate prior to the staged kidnapping, former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty disobeyed direct orders to stand down, saved American lives, single-handedly killed scores of attackers...and the attackers, believing that the Obama had betrayed them, tortured Ambassador Chris Stevens and dragged his body through the streets.]
This is the only thing that makes sense. When Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty responded to the call for help, they were successful in evacuating all the personel in the consulate except Ambassador Stevens. According to reports, noone could find the Ambassador? Why? The only reason I can see is that he was hiding, expecting to be captured.
There are many questions being asked about Benghazi, but not the correct questions. The questions that should be asked are:
1. What business was the American compound/consulate in Benghazi involved in?
2. Why was the American compound being guarded by locals and not being guarded by American Marines? (If it was too dangerous for Marines, it was probably too dangerous for civilians)
3. Why private civilian groups leaving Benghazi prior to the attack?
4. Why were the civilian US state department employees asking for more and better security? (probably because they were't being protected by Marines).
5. During the attack, why were "on-call" military assets with the specific purpose of responding to an embassy/consulate attack told to "stand down"? Why the obvious departure from protocol after the consulate hit the "panic button"?
6. Why when asked why help was not sent to Benghazi does the Administration answer, "you don't send more people into harms way until you know whats going on" yet you are watching everything live as it happens by predator drone? (why the departure from protocol? Is this the new protocol for state dept. defense?)
7. Why were navy seals Woods and Doherty who were in Benghazi told to "stand down" and not permitted to respond to the consulate?
8. After heroically disobeying orders, fighting off the attackers, helping all the Americans escape the consulate, why couldn't Woods and Doherty find Ambassador Stevens? The place wasn't that big and Stevens wasn't dead.
9. After returning to their safe-house, how did the attackers know the location of the safe-house so they could start attacking it.
10. Why did the US deny Woods and Doherty repeated requests for assistance, air support, evac, etc. Why did the US just watch by predator drone as the benghazi attackers shelled Woods and Doherty's position for hours until they were finally killed hours later.
11. Why did Pres. Obama, Sec. Clinton, and Susan Rice make up a story about YouTube videos, protests getting out-of-hand, etc and then waffle and blame everything on the intelligence community giving them bad information. Yet we have CIA director Gen. Petraeus deny that the YouTube story came from him or his people, then we see Petraeus and many generals in the military getting removed.
12. Why did the kidnappers not kill Ambassador Stevens but instead took him to the hospital where he died of smoke inhalation. Why the misinformation that his attackers raped him and drug his body through the street. Yet reports from the hospital say his body had no signs of obvious trauma?
13. Why are the media and US Congress not asking these questions and getting acceptable answeres?