"In response to a question from Rep. Michael Conaway (R.-Texas), Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told a closed session of a House Armed Services subcommittee in October that the military cannot kill the terrorists who attacked the State Department and CIA compounds in Benghazi, Libya, because Congress has not authorized the use of force against those terrorists."
1. The US had no congressional authorization to be in Lybia at all in the first place.
2. You don't need Congressional authorization to protect the US Ambassador from attack (consulate or embassy or CIA compound or driving down the road).
3. Lybian Ansar al-Shaia was led by Abu Sufian bin Qumu, formerly a driver for Osama bin Laden. Qumu was released by the U.S. from Guantanamo Bay in 2007 and was transferred to a Libyan prison where he remained until he was freed in a 2010 amnesty deal.
4. President Obama knew the attack on Benghazi was a terrorist attack but instead ordered that the "on-call" forces who stand by 24-7 to respond to an Ambassador or Embassy distress call to STAND DOWN.
5. The Obama Administration sought a cover-up the Benghazi attack before the elections by referring to it a demonstration that got out-of-control. Susan Rice made multiple media appearances delivering and Administration-sponsered excuse.
6. The idea about the attack being a demonstration over a video may have come from Ansar al-Shaia but that doesn't mean you believe it and call off your on-call special forces when your Abassador comes under fire; whatever the reason.
7. The Obama Administration is not truthful in saying that there were no military assets in the area to respond to the attack. We know Tyrone Woods and Glenn Doherty defied stand-down orders and responsed just a mile away.
8. Thanks to Woods and Doherty, many people at the Benzghazi compound were saved. However, the media or Senate has not interviewed any of them.
Democracy is not just a vote but also access to information. We are not free in America. The Congress will not audit the FED. The Congres has not investigated what black operations the CIA independently funds with its seized drug money.